It’s not only about the flight
This part of the tournament not only includes flying. Already after the handing over from the mountain runner to the paraglider at the Kuhbodentörl the athlete has to pass a cliffy and pathless distance before he can start his first flight in the Dolomites. After passing a pylon the pilots have to make their first landing at the Moosalm. Once more it is very important to have good control over the equipment because now the athlets have to run again – with the paragliders on their shoulders. From the second start the gliders will take off into the direction of the stadium in Lienz to hand over to the mountainbikers.
Start on: 2.441 m | Ascent: > 500 agl
- In the handover zone: waiting for the mountain runner
- Kuhbodentörl 2,441 m tee
- Run to the launch site with your umbrella packed
- Helmet and rescue parachute are required already at the handover!
- 1 pylon must be passed correctly
- These are located on the coordinates 12 ° 45’24 “-46 ° 46’43“
- If the pylons are not flown correctly, the participant will be disqualified and the team will be removed from the classification
- After circumnavigating the pylon, continue flight to Taxermoos
- Stopover area Taxer Moos (1000m) flat alpine meadow
- Windsock, landing area with trees, according to pilots' fairs, landing sites should be flown to.
- In strong wind leeward area!
- Not a target landing point, but passing a checkpoint (Red Bull Bogen) mandatory
- It must land in front of the white line, otherwise disqualification
Ascent to the 2nd start
- with a shouldered peak
- Klammbrückl (2nd refreshment station, 1096m above sea level)
- sharp left into the Kerschbaumer-Alm-Weg (3m wide gravel path)
- approx. 2 km to Hallebach
- "Damenstart" (1.120m)
- Over a flat ascent through a forest aisle
- Start must be above the marked 1,120 m line, otherwise any
- Fixed alpine floor, 20-30 ° inclination, wind sock, wind generally from NO to SE
- Start abort possible at any time!
- After crossing the flank there is a direct view of the Lienz Dolomite Stadium
- The participant ends up in the Dolomiten Stadium in Lienz
- After landing, half of the stadium round must be completed on the marked route (with an umbrella)!
- The pilot must have the glider with him when handing over - handing over without glider results in disqualification.
- The white arrow shows the direction of approach, the landing pad is blocked if a cross is placed!
Paragliders: Only gliders certified up to EN and LTF (up to max. EN D and LTF 2-3) may be flown. The gliders must be flown within the approved weight range, the take-off weight of the pilots is checked immediately before take-off. The paragliders must be in an approved state (accelerator travel, trim, shoulder strap, …). The approval of the umbrellas must be completed by August 1, 2019 at the latest and the data must be published on the website of the respective approval body. If the approval is not completed and published on time, the glider may not be flown at the Dolomitenmann.
Every pilot must ensure that his paraglider is in a certified state. In particular, the organizer will ensure that the original trim, accelerator path and shoulder strap have not been manipulated in order to gain an advantage.
Harness: The harness must be LTF approved and must be in an approved condition (original protector). Approval only according to the EN standard is not enough!
Rescue parachute: A functioning rescue system must be carried and is checked in Leisach. The activation and function of the rescue must not be hindered or made impossible by changes to the harness.
We must be informed by email no later than August 23 which glider you will be flying, the manufacturer, the glider type, the size of the glider and the harness used. (Email: info[a]dolomitenmann.com)
In the registration documents, valid insurance protection for the glider used is confirmed by the pilot’s personal signature.
As in previous years, a PG license (special pilot certificate) must be shown for participation in the competition and will be checked upon registration.
The total line length including the carrying strap is measured from the attachment point to the cap. The tolerance on the angle of attack is +/- 1 cm. The manufacturer’s specifications for the length of the riser, attachment point and bottom sail cap are used as a reference measure. The difference between the line levels A-C is measured. During the measurement, the lines are loaded with 5 kg of tension. A tolerance of + – 0.5cm is permitted for the measurement of the accelerator travel. Measurement according to the manufacturer’s instructions (axis-axis, roll-roll).