Carrying it up
After being handed over by the paraglider, the route first leads to the Leisacher sports field and then through the local area towards the women’s start. From the women’s start, the upper ski path leads to the Moosalm reservoir (approx. 200m the Peter Saga Trail). On the southern part of the reservoir, turn down over the steps (increased risk of falling) after approx. 200m, then drive up to the 1st refreshment station (city path) in the direction of Sternalm until the Hochstein junction (2nd refreshment station). Shortly before the end of the city path (3rd refreshment station) it goes the “Russensteig” (carrying passage) to the Hochsteinhütte. When you have reached the ridge, it goes past the homecoming cross (cropped area) around the Hochstein back to the Hochsteinhütte. The downhill towards Leisach begins from here. Direction gates give the direction to every biker. Passing the “Sternalm”, the “Moosalm” and the “Alban Lakata Trail” you race towards the destination in Leisach via forest paths, slopes and gravel roads. Exact route description will follow as soon as everything has been agreed with the landowners.
Uphill: 16,6 km | Downhill: 13,7 km | Altitude: 1.695 m
- Handover by the paraglider - mountain biker
- Along the Drau to the sports field in Leisach through the local area of Leisach up to the women's start
- From the women's start, the forest path leads to the Moosalm reservoir
- On the southern part of the reservoir, the steps through the forest to the left of the ski slope lead down to the Moosalm, from there via the forest path back to the reservoir, where there is Labestation 1 on the north bank
- from the reservoir over the city path towards Hochsteinhütte
- 2nd refreshment station at the junction from the city path towards Hochsteinhütte
- Follow the forest path towards Hochsteinhütte, "Taxer Gassl"
- Turn-off from Russenweg to Hochsteinhütte, Labestation 3
- From there continue towards Hochsteinkreuz
- Most of the bike is carried to the Hochsteinkreuz from the end of the forest path
- There the downhill begins with a loop towards "Gampelehütte" (2041hm) and from there back to the Hochsteinhütte
- From there via the ski slope "Gamsabfahrt" to the Sternalm
- Past the Sternalm over the ski slope to the women's start and over the forest path to the Moosalm, already known from the ascent
- At the end of the forest path, turn right immediately through the "Red Bull Bogen" to the Moosalm and on to the "Alban Lakata Trail"
- The trail down to that point, almost at the end of the trail, where the asphalt road affects the trail (point 24 on the detailed map)
- There you leave the trail and follow the road to the "Sonnensteig" junction
- Follow this trail to Leisach
- Through the local area to the sports field Leisach
There may be changes in the uphill passage. The exact downhill route is marked two days before the competition and is open for inspection.
As always, precise knowledge of the route is an advantage. It is definitely worth driving the route one or the other time in order not to experience any unpleasant surprises. The bike should be as light as possible for the uphill section and as robust as possible for the downhill area.
The descent goes down the Alpine Ski Downhill Course H2000: Hochsteinkreuz, Sternalm, ‘Women’s Start’, Moosalm, Alban Lakata Trail, destination Leisach.
To be noted
Warning signs are a recommendation for speed reduction! Be sure to pay attention !!
The training takes place exclusively at the risk of each participant. The route is only open for inspection! The head advertising is reserved for the organizer!